REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowship 2016/2017
This is the third annual call for proposals for the Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowship. The Fellowship's goal is to support the careers of women STEM faculty across the four Gulf Coast partner institutions: The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast campus, the Dauphin Island Sea Lab, Bishop State Community College, and the University of South Alabama. Fellowship guidelines are as follows:
- The pool of available funding for this call is $20,000 per year.
- Eligible faculty members may request up to $5,000 in their proposals.
- Eligible faculty members may submit only one proposal per year.
- Proposals have to be submitted to email@example.com with all materials together in one pdf attachment.
- Standard proposal forms with additional instructions must be used and are available at http://www.gulfcoastadvance.org/home-2/
- Proposers should closely follow formatting and other directions on the proposal submission form. Failure to do so, will disqualify the proposal.
- Project duration will be from 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017.
- Proposal winners will be required to 1) submit a short report to the ADVANCE leadership team by September 30, 2017 and 2) present their findings at an ADVANCE virtual Brown Bag or Retreat.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, May 2, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Award announcements will be made before the end of the spring 2016 semester.
Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowships are intended to support women STEM faculty development. Examples of projects that may be funded include the following:
A. Attending conferences, workshops, or seminars to enhance professional skills.
B. Purchasing supplies, equipment, software, or library resources to enhance course development or research.
C. Collaborating with a noted scholar, scientist, or educational expert.
D. Supporting page charges and other publication costs associated with refereed articles and books accepted for publication by reputable presses.
E. Covering costs of pilot research projects.
F. Covering course release time, summer salary, or (under-)graduate student salaries.
G. Purchase of classroom materials.