REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowship 2015/2016
This is the second annual call for proposals for the Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowship, aiming to support the careers of women STEM faculty across the four Gulf Coast
partner institutions: The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast campus, the Dauphin Island Sea Lab, Bishop State Community College, and the University of South
- The pool of available funding for this call is $20,000 per year.
- Eligible faculty members may request up to $5,000 in their proposals.
- Eligible faculty members may submit only one proposal per year.
- Proposals have to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as one pdf attachment.
- Standard proposal forms with additional instructions must be used and are available at http://www.gulfcoastadvance.org/home-2/
- Proposers should closely follow formatting and other directions on the proposal submission form. Failure to do so, will disqualify the proposal.
- Project duration will be from 1 June 2015 through 31 May 2016.
- Proposal winners will be required to 1) submit a short report to the ADVANCE leadership team by September 30, 2016 and 2) present their findings at an ADVANCE virtual Brown Bag or Retreat.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, March 30, 2015 at 4 p.m.
Award announcements will be made before the end of the spring semester.
Gulf Coast ADVANCE Fellowships are intended to support women STEM faculty development. Examples of projects that may be funded include the following:
A. Attending conferences, workshops, or seminars to enhance professional skills.
B. Purchasing library resources, supplies, equipment, or software to enhance course development or research.
C. Collaborating with a noted scholar, scientist, or educational expert.
D. Supporting page charges and other publication costs associated with refereed articles and books accepted for publication by
E. Covering costs of pilot research projects.
F. Covering course release time, summer salary, or (under-)graduate student salaries.
G. Purchase of classroom materials.
The FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION and the applicant’s two-page summary vita should be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment in PDF format. Please
click on the link below.